- Around the world, more iPhones are sold daily than babies born.
- Until the late 1960s, Disneyland used to deny entrance to male guests with long hair.
- A group of jellyfish is known as a bloom, a fluther, a smack or a sluth.
- Margarine was invented in 1869 in response to a prize offered by Napoleon III.
- A honey badger’s skin can withstand a machete blow. It can also twist right round within this skin to surprise attackers.
- It is illegal for a British MP to enter the Houses of Parliament in full armour, according to a 1313 statute.
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Katy Perry have more Twitter followers than the entire population of many countries, including Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Canada, Argentina, and Egypt
- 60% of internet users expect mobile sites to load on their phone in three seconds or less.
- Messiah is in the top 400 names for boys in America.
- Moustache transplants are popular in Turkey.
Brainwaves pages are edited by Elen Lewis, editor of The Marketing Society.